Community Development Ventures, Inc., St. Louis, MO
Community Development Ventures, Inc. is a twenty year-old planing and management consulting firm focusing on community and economic development, urban education, regional civic and philanthropic strategies for both private sector and public sector clients.
From 1994 to 2012, served as President and CEO of the St. Louis Regional Chamber & Growth Association (RCGA), Dick Fleming has over 30 years of CEO and practitioner experience in both the private and public sectors. Dick Fleming has established, revitalized and led start up organizations, business-led economic development organizations and civic institution-building nonprofits in Atlanta, Denver and St. Louis. Fleming has additionally developed and implemented regional and center city marketing and branding strategies in Atlanta, Denver and St. Louis.
Another of Dick Fleming’s key achievements was the designing and implementation of public/private partnerships at the local, regional and national levels including sub-cabinet grant making roles at the federal level. This includes the creation and management of multi-billion dollar grant programs — including the $3 billion Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), the $1.2 billion Urban Development Block Grant (UDAG), the $15 million Neighborhood Self Help Development, and the $15 million Livable Cities programs.
As President and CEO of RCGA, Dick Fleming revitalized and restructured the 174-year-old organization. Since being named CEO in 1994, Dick Fleming conducted three successful multi-million dollar regional economic development campaigns.
Dick Fleming’s Leadership Position and
- Chairman Emeritus, Board of Trustees, Partners for Livable Communities, Washington, D.C.
- Current President, Board of Trustees, Climate Prosperity, Inc. with Rockefeller Brothers Fund, D.C.
- Current Board Chairman and Founding Member, Alliance for Regional Stewardship, Washington, D.C.
- Founding Vice Chairman, St. Louis 2004 Initiative with former Senator Jack Danforth
- Former Chairman, Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE), Arlington, VA
- Former Chairman, International Downtown Association (IDA), Washington, D.C.
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Public/Private Partnership Executive Council, Washington, D.C.
- Founding Vice Chairman and Member, Midwestern China Hub Commission, St. Louis
- Current Vice Chairman, Art & Education Foundation, St. Louis
- Founding Board member, CORTEX Life Sciences District, St. Louis
- Former Board Member, Center for Emerging Technologies, St. Louis
- Former Board Member, Urban League, St. Louis
- Former Board Member, United Way of Greater St. Louis
- Former Board Member, Downtown St. Louis Partnership